It’s getting to that time on a Sunday when the Monday morning ‘fear’ is starting to kick in and you might be starting to plan what you are going to make for your lunches for the week.
These vibrant, veggie wraps are a perfect lunch idea for those who want quick and healthy lunches. I make sure everything is prepped on Sunday and store in air-tight containers in the fridge for freshness. It then takes only a couple of minutes to build your wraps each morning to take to work.
If you are like me and have tupperware in every shape and size, then perfect! Otherwise, using small bowls with a cling film top will do the trick.
- Multiseed tortilla wraps
- 1 x butternut squash
- 1 x 400g tin of chickpeas
- 1 red pepper
- 1 cucumber
- 1/2 red onion
- Iceberg lettuce
- Curly kale
- Greek yoghurt
- 1 pomegranate
- fresh parsley
- 1 fresh red chilli
- lemon juice
- 1 tsp ground sumac
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground smoked paprika
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Peel, de-seed and chop the butternut squash. Toss in oil, cinnamon and paprika and bake in the oven for around 30 minutes or until the butternut squash has softened and caramelised. Tip into a tupperware and let it cool.
- Finely slice strips of red pepper, cucumber and red onion and place in a tupperware.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas and place in a tupperware.
- Chop the curly kale, making sure to remove the hard stalks. Massage 1 tsp of oil and a squeeze of lemon juice into the leaves and place in a tupperware.
- Slice the pomegranate in half and bash the tops with a wooden spoon to release all the seeds. Place seeds in a tupperware.
- In a small bowl, mix about 3 tbsp of the greek yoghurt, with a small handful of crumbled feta, season with the sumac and salt and pepper and mix to combine.
- Finely chop the red chilli, and handful of fresh parsley and keep in a small container/bowl and store in a cupboard.
- Store all the tupperware in the fridge for freshness. They should last about 3-4 days.
Preparing your wraps:
- Place wrap on a board
- Shred about a handful of ice berg lettuce and place in wrap
- Build up your wrap with the kale, pepper, cucumber and red onion
- Top with a handful of the butternut squash chunks and a handful of chickpeas
- Drizzle over the feta yoghurt
- Top with pomegranate seeds, fresh chilli and parsley
- Drizzle with tahini (optional)
- Fold, wrap and pop in your bag!